Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Come

As I lay in bed last night all these verses were pieced together in my heart. This morning they were still there, so in the greyness of early dawn I slipped out of my bed and wrote them down. 

Are you a child? Or do you feel burdened? Or do you thirst for righteousness? Do you have nothing to bring? Are your sins like scarlet? Or do you simply want to come? The Bible says you may. Jesus says 'Come'. This is the glorious gospel. The good news; Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 

Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 

Revelations 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

No comments:

Post a Comment