Friday, April 24, 2015

MAF Family Conference

Even though I ended up getting sick at the tail end of our trip (see previous post), our family did really enjoy our annual MAF Family Conference in the Dominican Republic. We were once again joined by a team from the Rock Church who facilitated the sessions, taught us from God's Word, and helped out with the kids. 

Our focus this year was team building and we spent time looking at how God made each of us with unique giftings and strengths. Isaiah 64:8 says, But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. 

We also studied the importance of loving each other. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35

The importance of forgiving one another. Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, until seven times: but, until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21-22 

And how Jesus exemplified servant hood. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. Matt 23:11 

And of course I took a lot of pictures! It was hard to limit them for the blog but I did my best! Enjoy!

Goodbye Port au Prince.


Pretty sky.


Haiti's mountains.


Crossed the border.


Puerto Plata.


Picturesque hotel.


MAF team and Rock group.


God's handiwork.


Beautiful beach.


Rough ocean.


Fun in the sun.


Pool time.


Bedtime for the kids.


Date night for the grownups.


After sunset.

From 2015
A starry night.


Homeward bound.


No comments:

Post a Comment